Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and related services by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and increase sales revenue to meet assigned targets by maintaining and growing current clients and developing new leads.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state, and federal regulations.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service group.
- Communicates effectively to the branches and relates information to Operations and Construction managers.
- Assists with the planning of sales exhibits.
- Attends and participates in trade shows.
- Participates in education and training conferences and associations on selling and marketing programs.
- Keeps informed of new products, services, and other general information of interest to customers.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining new accounts.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products/service provided.
- Answers questions from clients and effectively manages complaints.
- Assists with collecting on delinquent accounts.
- Manage and maintain CRM trough company provided software
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
- Customer/client focus
- Communication proficiency
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Results driven
- Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Closing skills
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud up to 10% of the time. This position is performed in all weather conditions with 40% of work performed indoors and 60% of work performed outside of the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is often required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, crouch, or craw. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may occasionally visit worksites in which climbing heights is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available beginning at 7:00am and must work a minimum of 40 hours each week. The workload may be seasonal in that there are times of the year that more than 40 hours are worked regularly. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position required up to 75% travel. Frequently travel is within the metro/geographical region. Travel may require visiting worksites. Some overnight travel may be necessary.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with at least 5 years field sales/marketing experience required and at least 3 years’ experience in the scaffold/construction industry including safety related education and/or experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, schematics, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to speak, read and write English required.
Ability to speak, read or write Spanish preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient in MS Office, CRM systems, Internet, and Windows
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
Driver’s license required.
OSHA Certifications preferred.
Scaffold Certification preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.